This is a very easy and fast appetizer, perfect for the summer parties with family and friends. You can also change the filling and chose whatever you want. I used pesto sauce, home-made sun dried tomatoes and Gruyère grated cheese.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 100 g pesto sauce
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes
- 100 g grated Gruyere or other cheese
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
Let's start cooking:
- Put a sheet of pastry on you oven tray (cover it with baking paper), coat it with the pesto sauce, sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes bits and coat with the grated cheese. Put gently the second sheet of pastry on the top. You should leave the outer edge bare on 1 cm in order to be able to clue the two pastries later (you can even brush this area on the bottom pastry with water).
- Press with you fingers the two sheets together. Use a fork to press the edges. Place a 8-10 cm diameter bowl on the center of the pastries.
- Now you can cut the pastry in triangles. Use a sharp knife or a ruler to ut it at first in four, then every quarter in 2 again, and then the 8 parts in 3. You will have 24 triangles at the end. Take away the bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Put it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When you get it out, turn each triangle 3 times, and go around the same way with all of the triangles. Beat 1 egg yolk with some salt and pepper. Brush all the tart with this mixture and put it in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until it is golden brown.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then serve it to the table.