Hey everyone! Today I will share the best Ratatouille recipe! It is a French-inspired vegetable dish. The classical recipe includes summer vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers and aubergines. It gets richness from the olive oil and freshness from the bunch of fresh herbs. My secret is adding some white wine for extra flavour.
1 large eggplant
2 bell peppers (I chosed red and yellow for more colour)
2 garlic gloves
3 Tb olive oil
fresh or dry herbs: basil, parsley, thyme, chive, oregano
100 ml dry white wine
- Cut the zuchini and eggplant into 1 cm cubes. Slice the bell peppers into fine strips. Crush the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Put the vegetables in and stir for 2-3 minutes at large heat.
- Add the garlic and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir every 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine, salt and pepper. Add the dry herbs if you’re using them. Cook for 10 more minutes, stiring frequently.
- Cut the heat, add the fresh herbs; stir well and let rest for 2-3 minutes
This recipe is great in so many ways:
- as a vegetarian main dish, accompanied by rice, quinoa or polenta
- alongside meat or fish
- bruschetta style with fresh bread and goat cheese
- as quiche filling