Banana bread is not only one of the most popular recipes on internet the last years, it is a perfect way to get rid of extra ripe bananas (let’s face it, it happened to everyone). It is a great weekend breakfast or a perfect 5 o’clock snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
Of course my recipe has a twist, because there are too many for ordinary banana breads on the internet. I added chocolate chips, hazelnut powder and cinnamon and it was soooo good, we finished it in some hours!
3 ripe bananas + 1 for the top
150 ml milk
75 gr melted butter
150 gr hazelnuts (or almond) powder
150 gr plain flour
50 gr chocolate chips
100 gr sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325° F, th 6)
- Mash 3 bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, the melted butter and the milk.
- Mix in a separate bowl the dry ingredients: hazelnuts powder, flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then for 15 more minutes removed from the pan.